Carntogher Community Association promotes a range of economic, social, cultural and environmental projects aimed at developing a prosperous and environmentally sustainable rural community.
The restoration of the Irish language within the area is central to the ethos of the Community Association and all projects are promoted bilingually. Carntogher has a fast growing, young and vibrant Irish-speaking community with a clear vision for re-asserting the Carntogher area as a modern 21st century Galetacht.
The work of the Community Association complements the excellent work of the local Gaelic Athletic Club - Sleacht Néill GAC and both organisations provide important hubs within the local community.
The projects that we are promoting include:
- An Carn Conference Centre
- Drumnaph Community Nature Reserve
- An Coire - Arts Centre
- Post Office / Crafts Shop
- Youth Projects: Club Iarscoile & Club Eachtra
- Nature Biodiversity Project - Envision
- An Teach Glas - Self Catering Accomodation
- Training Projects
- The Irish Language
- Féile Charn Tóchair – summer festival